Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maundy Thursday

John 13: 31-35

I sought my soul,
but my soul I could not see.
I sought my God,
but my God eluded me.
I sought my neighbor,
and I found all three.

- Author Unknown

Prayer of the Day

O God, our Creator, your love is our home and refuge, a sure defense against the storm, a strong tower where we can take shelter from the overwhelming wave of pain and hunger.

O God, our Redeemer, you love is our guardian and our guide; a staff on which we can lean in times of anxiety and over-work, a support when we are burdened by the weight of the world.

O God, our Life, your love is the energy which takes us into each new day, the faith which gives us the courage to love, the joy which renews us in hope.

O God our Creator, Redeemer, Life, your love is a refuge which holds us, the fire which warms us, the light we keep for the sake of travellers in a wild land. You are as steadfast as rock beneath our feet, and your word is a secure foundation of our service and prayer.

We give you thanks and praise and pray that we might share this love with all we meet. Amen.

- Geoffrey Duncan in The Courage To Love

No comments: